Two think tanks believe changes to pension tax-free cash entitlements should be explored, Rachel Vahey looks at what's on the table...
We have recently seen a flurry of proposals for changes to pensions taxation rules. Two of these - from the Resolution Foundation and the Institute of Fiscal Studies (IFS) - are calling for a cap to tax-free cash taken from pensions. Although they ended up with (virtually) the same proposal, the two think tanks arrived there by taking different routes. The Resolution Foundation is concerned about the concentrated level of economic inactivity amongst older people following the pandemic. In its report Post-Pandemic Participation it noted older people not working who are from low-income ...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.