Nothing has come in and out of 'fashion' in the time I have been a journalist quite like cybersecurity has.
I've always been a finance journalist and mostly always worked for financial advice publications. When I first joined the industry, cybersecurity was in one of its ‘hot topic' phases. Every conference stressed the importance of being prepared and reiterated legitimately scary reminders of the seriousness of data being compromised. I feel it's long been looked on as a fluffy stream option at a conference, but cybersecurity should never be far from the front of your mind. This week, that will have hit home to many advisers across the industry after news emerged that Succession Wealth had suff...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.