Liz Pemberton explores the art of giving effective feedback in the workplace, an essential skill for all managers across financial services
Providing feedback is a standard part of work culture but there is often little focus or training on how to do this effectively. Someone once shared with me that they viewed feedback as a gift but they held this view because they trusted that feedback was being offered to them with positive intent. They also understood that by listening to the feedback, they might benefit from having a mirror held up to reveal ways of performing better, being more effective, and therefore more influential. Despite the value of effective feedback, it's a practice - both giving and receiving - that ofte...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.