Matt Dickens explores proactive estate planning and the use of business relief in IHT mitigation...
Most financial planners and wealth managers will be very familiar with the old maxim, "you should never let the tax tail wag the investment dog", meaning that one shouldn't chase a tax benefit by "compromising on either investment performance or risk level". But what if the client's specific stated objective is to access a particular tax benefit? An area where this question is especially pertinent is in delivering proactive estate planning. The objective of all estate planning is to ensure the maximum legacy is transferred to the client's chosen beneficiaries. The best financial "o...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.