There is hope that a common set of criteria for the UK markets will simplify things, Charlotte Moore finds…
In October, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) unveiled its latest consultation on its proposed Sustainability Disclosure Requirements (SDR), which aim to reduce greenwashing by providing labels for investment products. These new product rules, though similar to the European Union's (EU) Sustainable Finance Disclosure Regime (SFDR), have differences in the approach taken by the respective regulators. Rather than providing a label for a fund, SFDR instead impose mandatory disclosures on asset managers. Unlike the SFDR or proposed Securities and Exchange Commission rules, the UK labe...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.