Hot on the heels of the new Consumer Duty we now have the regulator's latest steps in its Consumer Investment strategy. Chris Jones shares his insight...
It was Milton Friedman's birthday on Saturday 31 July, a few days after mine though many years before. Since my articles appear in Professional Adviser's ‘Your Business' section, I thought it might be a good time to revisit his famous quote/doctrine from 1970. "There is one and only one social responsibility of a business - to use its resources and engage in activities designed to increase its profits so long as it stays within the rules of the game, which is to say, engages in open and free competition without deception or fraud." Of course, this applies to your business every bit as...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.