Investment trusts have offered alternative sources of yield at a time when investors have struggled, writes Darius McDermott. Here he looks at five trusts on an attractive discount
Over the past few years, multi-asset managers have increasingly turned to investment trusts as a way to generate outperformance in what has been an uncertain period for investors. It's no different for us on our range of funds, as investment trusts have given us the ability to access several areas of the market you can't reach in the open-ended space - the likes of care homes and shipping come to mind as good examples. They have also offered alternative sources of yield at a time when investors have struggled. Indeed, some alternatives have given us yields of 5% to 7% at a time when t...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.