Cyber security is making headline news, from its geopolitical role in global conflicts, to the rise of organised crime profiting off cyber-attacks. Ahead of her talk at PA360 on Wednesday, Alex Miller unpicks these trends to understand the information advisory firms need to know.
Modern malware The cyber threat level is currently heightened. Alongside Russia's physical invasion of Ukraine, there is a corresponding cyber war behind the scenes which has led to the release of new malware strains. One new piece of malware that is particularly dangerous is known as "HermeticWiper". Its signature behaviour is to permanently delete files on the infected computer's hard drive, and this can cause significant damage. While ransomware at least provides a glimmer of hope that data can be retrieved, HermeticWiper offers no such possibility: data is gone forever. As a result, ...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.