You wouldn't necessarily expect a personal finance journalist to have a lot of difficulty getting credit but I have been having problems for years.
Now I admit this is largely my own fault and although I did go through a brief period of blaming everyone from my parents for not supporting me enough through university to the government for not giving me enough money to live on and forcing me to take out student loans the simple truth is that I got myself into the mother of all financial messes. That said, I can't help feeling as if the punishment I have received did not fit the crime. So what is the problem? Well, put simply I am what this government calls one of the 'financially-excluded', which given I earn a reasonable salary se...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.