Advisers must “walk their talk” with confidence and congruence in order to deal with challenging client conversations and arrive at the best outcome, delegates heard.
Speaking at PA360 in London today (26 April), Dimensional Fund Advisors head of the UK and Ireland advisor group and a vice president David Jones said heated client conversations can be just as "painful and traumatic" as a physical altercation. He outlined how advisers should approach tough conversations and use logic and reason to bring clients back to the adviser's process. Jones told delegates: "We know that emotion is driving a lot of behaviour. The greed, the fear. We know that this is a massive challenge. "They are being driven by a huge amount of emotion and we are trying to...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.