The founder and chairman of @SIPP, Colin Barral, has died aged 64, the provider has confirmed.
Barral, described as a "true entrepreneur", established @SIPP in 2001. He also founded IFA business Barral Sheppard (now part of True Potential) and ProfitCounts, a successful accountancy firm. He also held a number of non-executive director positions across different sectors in Scotland, the provider said. It added that throughout his career, Barral was well known for his "infectious enthusiasm and his drive to create opportunities for others, always trying to make a difference for people". @SIPP managing director Eddie McGuire said: "Our chair and founder was loved and admired by...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.