The number of Article 8 funds has more than doubled in the last year, despite concerns over environmental disclosures, research has found.
MainStreet Partner's annual ESG Barometer reported just 997 Article 8 funds in 2021, which skyrocketed to 2,248 in 2022, with 758 new funds and 555 upgrades from Article 6. An Article 8 fund under Sustainable Finance Disclosure Regulation is defined as "a fund which promotes, among other characteristics, environmental or social characteristics, or a combination of those characteristics, provided that the companies in which the investments are made follow good governance practices," according to the regulations. Article 9 funds have sustainability as their main objective. Whereas Artic...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.