Greater adoption of ever-developing technology across the advice space has the potential to reduce client costs by up to a third in the next five years, delegates heard.
Speaking at the Empowering Advice Through Technology 2023 conference on 26 January, Seccl chief executive (CEO) David Ferguson said there was a great opportunity to take cost out of the customer journey through better utilisation of technology. He said: "There is an end-to-end chain here that costs the customer far too much in this country. But it could fall by a third in five years. You have the opportunity to transform the costs of advice." Ferguson, who previously founded and ran Nucleus, said this was especially the case across the platform market as well as in the asset managemen...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.