Economic secretary at HM Treasury Andrew Griffith said he would work with industry bodies and other politicians to ensure investment trusts are treated fairly with regards to retail disclosure and beyond.
In a Treasury Select Committee meeting yesterday (10 January), the first of 2023, the minister was grilled on the Edinburgh Reforms and the crypto industry. Committee member John Baron applauded the removal of the PRIIPs regime and the launch of government and regulatory consultations. However, he went on to say the current consultation from the Financial Conduct Authority remains "woolly" and raised concerns about their proposals, performance and risk analysis. He asked the minister about his goals for the reform. In response, HM Treasury deputy director, financial services strate...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.