Transact has created an inheritance tax (IHT) index which allows adviser users to track the liability trends for their clients as their inherited wealth increases.
The platform today (10 January) said the launch of the tool comes on the back of Trajectory research of Office for National Statistics showing the large increase in households liable to pay IHT. While 1.49 million were in scope in 2006, the research found the figure had jumped to 3.51 million by 2020. "It will be of great benefit to advisers and the growing number of consumers who may be liable," said IntegraFin chief executive Jonathan Gunby of the index. "Advisers can plan effectively using the tools we offer as part of the Transact service." Trajectory managing director Tom John...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.