The next budget will be held on 15 March 2023, HM Treasury has revealed.
Chancellor Jeremy Hunt also confirmed yesterday (19 December) that next year's Spring Statement will be accompanied by a forecast from the Office for Budget Responsibility (OBR). Hunt said this forecast, along with the forecast prepared for the Autumn Statement last month, will fulfil the obligation for the OBR to produce two forecasts every financial year. The Autumn Statement was Hunt's first fiscal statement as chancellor, which came following previous chancellor Kwasi Kwarteng's Mini Budget that rocked financial markets. Next year's Spring Statement will allow Hunt to reassess ...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.