The Treasury Committee has published its report confirming its approval for the appointment of Ashley Alder as the next chair of the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA).
Alder was questioned in a pre-appointment hearing yesterday (14 December) with the committee now stating they are satisfied he has the professional competency necessary to take the role. Concerns had been raised by MPs about Alder's understanding of UK financial markets, with him having spent the majority of his career working in Hong Kong. Despite the concerns over his inexperience with UK financial services regulation, it has been confirmed Alder will familiarise himself with various legacy issues that will be important including those stemming from the Global Financial Crisis. "...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.