A separate consultation around the Sustainability Disclosure Requirements (SDR) and how they relate to how financial advisers should operate will be published “in due course”, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) has said.
The regulator released it's SDR consultation paper this morning (25 October) which covers a raft of new measures to tackle greenwashing including long-awaited labelling for investment products. "Advisers and platforms are likely to already have processes in place to make product-level information available to retail investors," the FCA stated. "These will need to be adjusted and tailored to convey the sustainability-related information clearly to consumers." However, a delay on all information needed by advisers has been flagged. "We are exploring how to introduce rules for financi...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.