The chair and chief executive (CEO) of LV= sought to reassure members at the firm's annual general meeting held on 18 October, stating they were committed to its mutual status and it was the start of a “new chapter”.
Simon Moore, chair of the mutual insurer and David Hyman, the CEO, were addressing LV= members for the first time since their appointments in June and September respectively. The pair joined the firm after the former chair and CEO had failed to sell the business to private equity firm Bain Capital. At the AGM held in Bournemouth Moore stated the board was "committed to that mutual future" the members had voted for and "here to make a mutual future work for you". He said the insurer has "entered discussions" about joining the Association of Financial Mutuals, which he hopes to conclud...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.