The Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) will push towards more detailed disclosures of sustainable investment products without being prescriptive about particular asset profiles, delegates at Good Money Week event heard.
During a Good Money Week 2022 panel discussion on investment labelling and data regulation today (3 October) FCA technical specialist in sustainable finance and stewardship Mark Manning stressed the importance of framing the sustainability related objective of the product alongside its financial return objective in order to be able to claim that it is a sustainable investment product. "Because that's something that the provider can be held to account for, and against which they can demonstrate that they're making progress over time. Now, that's not to say that the sustainability related...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.