The biggest challenge independent financial advice firms come across is hiring talented people into their businesses, Charlie Parker told Professional Adviser.
The Albemarle Street Partners MD said to PA editor Tom Ellis, in the video interview below, that it was something the advice profession needs to address. Charlie Parker speaking on PA's Smarter Business Roadshow - find out more "We know the big consolidators have a plan, they've got big academies and very joined up systems to bring graduates in and hopefully people coming back to work in advice... but for independent firms there's no national academy for independent advisers. There's no obvious way to fund it."
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.