Private equity trusts dominated the investment universe in terms of performance over the course of 2021, according to the latest figures.
Baillie Gifford's Schiehallion, NB Private Equity, BMO Private Equity, Riverstone Energy and Standard Life Private Equity were amongst the top 10 performing investment trusts, while three Baillie Gifford funds also fell into the bottom 10. "2021 was a year dominated by the reopening of the global economy as a result of the successful vaccine rollout, followed swiftly by the emergence of new variants and reminders that the Covid pandemic is a long way from being resolved," said Nick Wood, head of fund research at Quilter Cheviot. "However, in the investment universe, this didn't stop a...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.