ESG assets are on course to exceed $50trn by 2025, representing more than a third of the projected $140.5trn in total global assets under management, according to a report by Bloomberg Intelligence.
ESG assets surpassed $35trn in 2020, up from $30.6trn in 2018 and $22.8trn in 2016, reaching a third of current total global assets under management, according to the Global Sustainable Investment Association. Assuming 15% growth, half of the pace of the past five years, ESG assets could exceed $50trn by 2025. Bloomberg Intelligence's (BI) ESG 2021 Midyear Outlook report also highlighted that the world is on track to have a $1trn ESG ETF market and an $11trn ESG debt market by 2025, as both strategies are becoming ever more popular among investors. Adeline Diab, head of ESG and themat...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.