Inflation, threats to pensions, and more inflation - here's our weekly heads-up of articles in the weekend newspapers that may have caught your clients' attention...
Five tax threats to your pension The Financial Times considers five potential tax threats that could be imposed upon one's pension. The strain on the nation's finances seems to be increasing, the newspaper writes, which it says is largely due to the effects of the coronavirus pandemic and Chancellor of the Exchequer Rishi Sunak is trying to find ways to save more money. Unfortunately, that could mean further cuts on pensions tax relief, the FT continues. The possible areas under threat include the lifetime allowance (LTA), the annual allowance and tax relief for high earners. For ...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.