Advisers have reacted to Chartered Insurance Institute (CII) CEO Sian Fisher's apology for miscommunicating the idea to deregister the Personal Finance Society (PFS).
On Thursday (1 July), Professional Adviser revealed that Fisher tried to clarify what the body meant by deregistration at an annual general meeting (AGM) held on earlier this week (30 June). "We want to unify the governance structure of the CII to ensure that it works effectively as a group," she said. "We never intended 'de-registration' to be confused with wishing to disband the Personal Finance Society. In fact, the exact opposite. We have fully recognised membership at the core of the CII and adopted the societies structure to support our 'family of professions'." Some advisers th...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.