Dynamic Planner chief investment strategist Abhi Chatterjee has told advisers that ESG preferences should only be taken into consideration once suitability has been sorted.
Speaking at a Professional Adviser Working Lunch event on Wednesday (8 April), which you can rewatch in the embedded video player below, Chatterjee offered guidance as to how advisers can make their suitability processes less stressful. Firstly, he said, the most important thing to be aware of is that suitability comes before ESG and sustainability: "ESG is a bolt-on to suitability, and not the be all or end all. "All advisory firms have to consider the preference for sustainable products as part of their clients' needs, characteristics and objectives. Once suitability is taken care o...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.