Link Fund Solutions has confirmed the healthcare assets sold from the Woodford Equity Income fund were transferred to Acacia Research Corporation on 3 December, as investors were dealt a further blow by the writedown of the fund’s holding in Ombu Group.
Link said the completion of its sale of a 19-strong portfolio of healthcare companies to Acacia in June for more than £220m as part of the winding of the now LF Equity Income fund had facilitated a fourth capital distribution on 11 December. Meanwhile, the sale of portfolio holding Ombu, a specialist investor in early and growth stage environmental technologies, to a fund anchored by venture capital firm Hambro Perks was confirmed on Monday (21 December). The deal for Ombu was worth £30m, according to weekend reports from the Telegraph. That represents a 71% discount to Ombu's previou...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.