Environmental, social and governance (ESG) investing is growing in popularity despite a limited understanding of what it entails, research has revealed.
FE fundinfo's 2020 Financial Adviser Study found that while more than half (56%) of advisers have increased the amount of client money they have invested in ESG funds in the past 12 months, more than three in five (62%) do not believe their clients understand what ESG investing involves. FE fundinfo regulations manager Mikkel Bates said despite ESG factors becoming a more prominent feature of society, he believed even fewer investors had a practical understanding of the concept. "I think it may be an overstatement that 38% of advisers believe their clients have an understanding of w...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.