Nearly a quarter (25%) of advisers with corporate clients have seen demand for business protection rise in the last five years, research by VitalityLife has revealed.
However, according to a study by Cicero last year, business protection "wasn't a business focus" for 60% of advisers. It also showed that advisers found that 50% of their clients believed they would rely on a ‘plan B' should the worst happen, while 66% said they did not see a need for it and 64% said they were not interested. "Whether you are a pensions adviser, a private client adviser or an adviser with links to solicitors and accountants, with around 5.9 million businesses in the UK, it's unlikely that you would not have come across a client who could benefit from business protecti...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.