Legal and General (L&G) Retail Retirement has agreed an introducer agreement within its retirement income division to provide annuities to Prudential customers with guaranteed rates.
The arrangement - which will take effect from 1 November 2019 - is the fourth of its kind for L&G, following similar agreements with Aegon, ReAssure, and Sun Life Financial of Canada. It follows the publication of L&G's half-year results last month, which revealed that its individual annuity business sales were up 47% to £497m in the first half of 2019. The insurer said that it expects the deal with Prudential to increase its annuity sales in 2020 by 15%. As part of the deal, all guaranteed benefits will be honoured by Prudential and fulfilled by L&G, which will also compare the entir...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.