Former Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) life insurance and financial advice director Linda Woodall has been appointed to Aegon's independent governance committee (IGC).
Woodall (pictured), who had been in her role since 2015, stepped down in December to retire from financial regulation. While covering the life insurance and financial advice sectors, she oversaw work on the financial advice market review (FAMR) and due diligence standards at advice firms. Prior to that she was mortgages and consumer lending director at the FCA. The regulator appointed Debbie Gupta and Deb Jones as co-directors to replace Woodall, in March. Woodall takes over from the Institute of Customer Service chief executive Jo Causon, who served on Aegon's IGC as an independ...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.