The Personal Investment Management and Financial Advice Association (PIMFA) has appointed former National Employment Savings Trust (NEST) adviser Simon Harrington as senior policy adviser.
Harrington was senior public policy adviser at NEST for four years following a stint as corporate affairs manager at the organisation for the two years prior. His role at PIMFA will take effect on 16 October. Before NEST, he worked at the Treasury for four years, firstly as corporate communications officer and then as governance manager at the Asset Protection Agency. At PIMFA Harrington will help shape the advice agenda for the future. He said: "Having come from a pensions background, I am acutely aware of the fundamental role the adviser industry needs to be playing in ensuring that...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.