Aegon UK has launched a whole of life protection plan which offers the ability to place the policy in a discretionary trust at application.
Aegon said it is the first provider to offer an integrated trust process which limits the chance of delay or forgetting to do this once the policy is set up. If a customer is eligible for free cover and their adviser uses Aegon's integrated trust process, the cover will also be placed in trust. So if they were to die while Aegon was processing the application, any free cover wouldn't add to the inheritance tax (IHT) bill. Other key features of the Aegon Whole of Life policy include: Built in flexible options - a range of guaranteed insurability options and a gift inter vivos c...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.