An industry trade body is warning investors about the risks of putting money into store pod investments advertised by a former Top Gear presenter, based on what it says are inaccuracies in the scheme's marketing material.
The Self Storage Association UK (SSA UK) is concerned people may be investing in the various investment vehicles which trade as Store First, unaware of the potential risks. Store First offers unregulated investments in storage pods, containers that are used to store belongings, in the north west of England. It markets them on its website as suitable for pensions, claiming, "Our development and investment strategy is designed to be highly tax efficient, especially when considered within the confines of SIPP's and SSAS's (sic)". FSA warning The Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) iss...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.