Aviva has launched a specialist protection team to offer a tailored service for protection cases with high levels of cover and large premiums.
The team will handle protection cases with life cover of more than £1m, life and critical illness (CI) cover of more than £500,000 and annual premiums of £6,000 or more. The insurer has also given advisers a ‘service promise' to ensure their cases are dealt with quickly and smoothly. The team will contact advisers within 24 hours of a case being submitted, use existing medicals or executive screenings where possible. They will also provide the option of speaking to a high value underwriter instead of filling in a questionnaire. However, a questionnaire is not required for cases up ...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.