Legal & General (L&G) has simplified its underwriting processes for advised clients applying for life insurance, saying some 80% of applicants can now expect an immediate decision.
The Simplified 2 initiative has been launched in response to feedback from advisers and has led to a reduction in family history questions. Nearly 20% of clients buying life cover will not be asked about family history. Adjustments have also been made to the high risk occupation and hazardous activities questions for life cover applicants. L&G claims and underwriting director Russ Whitworth said: "Simplified 2 means that we will be providing advisers with market leading point-of-sale decisions: 80% of clients will now get an immediate decision. "This will enable more people to be c...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.