Aegon has published a guide to State bereavement payments that will be issued with all death claim packs.
COVER reported the move earlier this month and the provider has now finalised its approach to help policyholders understand the financial support available from the State. The insurer believes that grieving families could be missing out on thousands of pounds of non means-tested State payments simply because they don't know they are entitled to them. However, as COVER revealed last week, a report produced for the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) recommended the currently available benefits should be changed. It suggested that "more of this support should be focused on the sho...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.