Allianz has launched a medical escort service for its international private medical insurance (IPMI) plans.
It will offer an additional transportation option when medical evacuation of an insured member becomes necessary. Members who are medically stable will be evacuated on commercial flights and accompanied at all times by one of the provider's own doctors. Air-ambulances will still be available to transport members who are in a medically critical condition, while the new service will be utilised when appropriate and is expected to deliver significant cost savings to corporate clients. Dr. Ulrike Sucher, medical director at Allianz Worldwide Care, explained the growing number of evacua...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.