Aviva has seen a slight uplift in its protection sales over the third quarter as it continues its attempt to dominate the market.
The provider said its growth has largely been the result of its bancassurance partnerships and it expected to be the largest player in the protection market next year. It also launched the second wave of its protection television marketing campaign, although this was done towards the end of the quarter and so will not have affected results significantly. However its bancassurance operation did suffer a blip during this period when one partner, Santander, was forced to halt sales to retrain it's in branch sales staff. Despite this the provider saw new protection business grow 2% to ...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.