Scottish Widows is the latest insurer to sign up to the Protection Distributors Group (PDG) Claims Charter, as part of its commitment to provide a clear and supportive service for clients during the event of a claim.
In line with the charter's requirements, Scottish Widows now assigns a dedicated claims handler for each case, provides regular client updates and ensures payment of claims within 72 hours of approval. The insurer also uses e-signature technology to obtain customer consent to request medical evidence, as well as notifying intermediaries when a claim is received from a client. Scottish Widows has also signed up to the PDG Funeral Payment Pledge, and following in the footsteps of other insurers, has gone above and beyond the PDG expectations, offering up to £10,000 rather than the suggeste...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.