The Association of International Medical Insurance Providers (AIMIP) has agreed a deal to help cut fraud throughout the private medical insurance (PMI) sector.
A scheme to share data between PMI and IPMI providers has been created in partnership with the Health Insurance Counter Fraud Group and Experian. It is hoped the pan industry initiative will both customer and healthcare provider fraud. Carl Carter, chairman of AIMIP and also managing director of provider IMG Europe, told COVER that fraud was a serious concern to the industry. "There's a lot of fraud going on and it's not just necessarily customer fraud - a lot of it is provider fraud where the hospitals are trying to keep people in for too long or over-inflating the bill or over tr...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.