Only a third of the adviser market is far enough down the road to meeting the RDR deadline, according to Scottish Widows' head of distribution development Robert Kerr.
Speaking to IFAonline, Kerr says there is still a lot of work to do for the majority of advisers to meet the 31 December 2012 deadline. Kerr says: "About a third of the market is pretty well down the road to market, a third are not there yet and have a lot of work to do and there is a third of the market that has got a significant challenge to get through the challenges they need to before 2013. "As it gets up to the beginning of 2013, we might see people who have been giving full advice moving to give just protection advice for example." He also believes around 10-15% of adviser...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.