Reviewing pension transfer cases should be a priority for advisers, according to MetLife.
The firm says most advisers would be able to demonstrate the suitability of their advice, but could get into difficulty if they fail to show this to the FSA. MetLife says all advisers who work on pension transfers should be completing a full review of past business to ensure they have a fact-find, have explained charging and commission, portfolio planning and are providing ongoing advice. Peter Carter, head of product marketing at MetLife, says: "The FSA pension transfer review is understandably raising concerns for advisers who are worried about potential fines for not having adequat...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.