David Cameron has been struck by an egg, apparently thrown by a student in Cornwall.
While visiting a college in Saltash, Cornwall, the egg hit the Conservative leader on the shoulder. Eyewitnesses say the student who threw the egg was led away from the scene. Cameron reportedly made a joke about the incident, as he was also being followed by a Daily Mirror reporter dressed as a chicken, and carried on with the day's campaigning.
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.