Jupiter's Charlie Thomas says he has identified unprecedented growth opportunities for green investing in the US as the engaged consumer becomes more aligned with political momentum for change at national and state level.
Thomas has upped his Ecology fund's exposure to North America from around 15pc to 30pc in recent months and, following a recent trip to the region, he has come back with a new list of several potential small and mid cap investments. Thomas said: "We're getting convergence - both of the opposing political parties are positioning themselves to be more proactive. They understand the issues much more now, and there hopefully will be tangible action from whoever wins the election." He added: "We've got the policy trends going on, and we've got the consumer trends going on at the same time....
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.