More than three quarters of brokers believe the 100% plus loan to value (LTV) mortgage and loan market will grow in the next two years, according to Alliance & Leicester Mortgages.
A survey of brokers, conducted by Alliance & Leicester, revealed that most are expecting to see the 100% LTV market grow by an average of 9.4% in the next two years. The research also found that 9% of brokers expect growth of over 20% and 13% thought the market would remain at current levels. Only a small minority of brokers, 1%, predict that the market will begin to decline. Commenting on the findings, Jeremy Claridge, head of specialist mortgages at Alliance & Leicester, says: “With increasing house prices and rising interest rates, homebuyers and remortgagers will be looking for affor...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.