Brokers need to think about new ways of bringing in income or they will struggle to survive in the current climate, according to the manager of Financial Network's Mortgage Club Paul Platten.
He says the network has been focusing on helping brokers grow alternatives to their traditional business. This can be achieved through widening advice to include secured loans, commercial mortgages, foreign mortgages and even general insurance. He says: The whole broker market is down on its knees as proc fees are reduced and lenders are making it difficult for the market. We are about adding value such as through the Mortgage and General Insurance Club which is helping brokers grow alternatives to their business. “It is about developing selling skills as some brokers are order takers rat...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.