The Mortgage Alliance (TMA) is urging mortgage intermediaries to maximise ancillary sales in order to help cope with turbulent market conditions.
With the downturn in global financial markets still having a detrimental effect on the mortgage industry and mortgage sales slowing, TMA has highlighted the importance of increasing sales of ancillary products in the areas of general insurance, protection, legal and secured market. This will help advisers increase revenue streams and client retention, TMA says. Phil Whitehouse, head of TMA, says brokers focusing solely on mortgage sales will suffer. "Ancillary sales are increasing in prominence for intermediary firms looking to generate extra income or even supplement lost income, and now...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.