'Your home is at risk if you do not keep up the repayments on your mortgage or any other loan secure...
'Your home is at risk if you do not keep up the repayments on your mortgage or any other loan secured on it.' Appearing on all types of mortgage-related literature and advertising, this is a warning we have all become familiar with. But how many borrowers really consider the prospect of losing their home and therefore look to protect it? According to research conducted by Dataquest in 1995, the two biggest fears for consumers are losing their home and losing their job. With over 33,000 repossessions occurring in 1998, this is a very tangible fear. Reductions in benefits mean that we can n...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.