New style mortgage protection policies provide much better cover than traditional ASU contracts, says Tony Ayliffe. It is now time to start selling their benefits
Accident, Sickness and unemployment cover (ASU) has been available in the protection market for a considerable period of time, but over the past decade, legislative and socio-economic changes in the UK have led many protection providers to take a fresh look at ASU. The result is that we are witnessing the emergence of a new range of hybrid mortgage payment protection products designed to meet the increasing demands of today's borrowers. However, despite the range of new products on offer, many borrowers continue to be offered inadequate ASU cover. Interest in the mortgage payment prot...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.